Thursday, November 18, 2010

artist statement

In these photos, I think each person is reflecting their character. Some of these pictures have window lighting, making the pictures more dramatic. I pretty much told each person to pose how they were in the picture, and I think each person reflected their personality through the pose i gave them.
When I took these pictures, some were taken outside, and some were taken inside by the window for better lighting. I wanted their attitudes to come through the pictures.  I really liked all the lighting in the photos. I wanted to get the different angles so it would be more interesting in the photos. In the photos of Gabe, I thought it would be more interesting to create a strip of all the ones I took of him to create a type of series.
I liked the two of Jae Suk and Kailey because they are looking away from the camera. I also had a couple pictures of Gabe in the rule of thirds. I liked Kat and Jae Suk's pictures in black and white better than in color, and the one of kat sticking her hand up almost frames her face between her fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment